Withdrawal: Particular House or Hotel.
Schedule of the Tour: 07:00.
Type of Tour: In Taxi.
Zone: Havana - Cienfuegos - Havana.
Time: the Whole Day.
Language: Englishman(English), Italian, Frenchman or Spanish.
Suggestions for the Tour: Camera, Water, Hat, Suntan lotion, swimsuit, garment and Light(Slight) Shoes.
Characteristics of the Tour:
Cienfuegos is a city of Cuba, the capital of the province of the same name, previously it(he,she) concerned(belonged) to the province of The Villas. Is it located in the so called peninsula of the Majagua, to the shore of Jagua's bay? Of 88 km ², to the bottom(fund) of the same one. This bay of aboriginal name that means origin, source(fountain), spring, wealth(richness) and is opened to the Caribbean Sea by a narrow channel that uses as access to the crafts that use the port.
This city known as the Pearl of the South, is to 245 km from the capital of the country City of Havana and to 658 of Santiago de Cuba, the most important second city of Cuba, and account(bill) with the most important second port of the country.
Located in Guamá's tourist complex, in the Lagoon of the Exchequer that is located in the nature reserve of the Peninsula of Shoe of Cuba, you find this successful breeding-place of crocodiles that works at the expense of the Department of Fishing Industries.
The place is characterized for lodging more than 10.000 copies(specimens) distributed in different areas according to his(her,your) size. Both species(kinds) that look after themselves in this breeding-place are the Crocodylus rhombifer, own(proper) crocodile of the territory and the Crocodylus acutus, which is the cayman belonging to all the zones of the Tropical America.
Along a holding a permit visit of approximately 45 minutes you will learn how they live, how they are hunted or how these reptiles are fed, enclosed you will have the opportunity to touch them.Thanks to Guamá's Breeding-place, which goes in functioning from 1962, these two species(kinds) could have survived, since before this date they were on the verge of extinction.
On the other hand, in the complex Guamá's Mouth you will have the opportunity to taste the meat of crocodile or to buy different objects related to this impressive reptile. Nevertheless, you must not forget to ask for invoice in case you buy any thing made with skin(leather) of crocodile, to be able to demonstrate before the customs authorities that the material comes from the farm and not from wild crocodiles.
Do not hesitate to approach the Lagoon of the Exchequer and to enjoy of a different day close to this exotic animal.
Cienfuegos's streets were originally planned forming(training) squared patterns. The eclectic architecture of the city preserves abundant neoclassic decoration. It is one of the cities of better tracing that they exist in Cuba, of broad and straight streets, of walks and parks (the most important is the "Jose Martí"), of modern and ancient buildings that answer totally to the exterior(foreign) set that surrounds it.
· The Botanical Garden of declared Cienfuegos National Monument on October 20, 1989. Founded at the beginning of the 20th century for the North American Atkins.
· The Queen's Cemetery is an exceptional example of his(her,your) type, and his(her,your) architecture is inserted in the commanding Neoclassicism in the buildings constructed in the city. It is the only one in Cuba that preserves his(her,your) niches for burials. The statue of The Sleeping Beauty is very famous and a sister possesses in Genoa, Italy.
· The Fortaleza of Our Lady of Jagua's Angels is located at the entry of Jagua's Bay. Strategically placed in to Cienfuegos's Port, this castle was constructed the entrada in the 18th century (1745) to defend Cienfuegos of the assaults of pirates and filibusters.
· The Cemetery Tomás Acea, where stands out an enormous building of the purest Doric style.
· The park "Jose Martí", located in the downtown, together with him(it) encuantran the most important buildings, between(among) them the house of the founder, the Town hall, the church cathedral and the theatre Terry.
· The theatre Tomás Terry, constructed in 1889, notable for the condition(state) of conservation of his(her,your) architecture and decoration.
· The Palace of Valley, located in the south end of the Meadow, is the only(unique) construction in Cuba for the union of so many architectural styles.
· State On September, five, inaugurated in 1977 and with a capacity for 15 600 persons.
· The Park Jose Martí, central park of the locality, historical place for being the site(place) where the elevation was raised against Batiste in 1957.
· Cave Martin Infierno.
· Beach of Mess Moon located near Jagua's Bay. It(he,she) possesses(relies on) one of the major hotel complexes of the zone.
· Paseo del Prado, interesting walk with Benny Moré's Statue to natural size.
On having finished the tour, I return to Havana where your chauffeur will accompany them directly on your Particular House or Hotel.